The three important soft skills I have

Problem-solving Skill 

The problem-solving skill is one of the most critical skills we need to have in majority of the working environment, because there are always some problems we need to solve. I have done plenty of assignments, tasks and projects during my studies in the university that requires the skill of problem-solving, because we were usually given little instructions, and we have to do much more research and put into our own ideas to solve the problem. For example, when I were doing the building design tasks, my tutor gave me only the direction, such as designing a coffee shop and the location of it, then I need to come up with the design concept by doing research and also learn the related software, like Sketchup, in order to finish the task.

Team-working Skill

Team-working skill is another important skill to have in any working environment, especially in the Civil Engineering field. During my study at the university, I have done many tasks that requiring me to work with other teammates. For example, one of the tasks is to calculate the budget required for extending a current house, and I need to work with other two teammates. In order to finish the task on time, we had regular meeting and assigned the tasks for each one. My task was to download all the related drawings and put them into right scale by using AutoCAD, and calculating the amount of material required for the project. At the end, we got full marks for the assignment as a group.

Communication skill 

As a foreigner, It is necessary for me to have the reasonable communication skill in the English related working environment. There are several evidence I can list to prove that I have the ability to work with the local people by using their language - English. Firstly, I have finished my Bachelor Honours Degree that requires a full-time four-years study in the university without fail ant courses, and most of the courses I did very well. Therefore, I am confident that I am familiar with all the required terminology related to my field. Secondly, I passed my PTE exam and got a average of 86 out of 90, so I am confident that I have the ability to communicate with others by using English. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 1

Current High Unemployment Rate and The Business Opportunity